Saturday 12 November 2011

The Scoring System

Now I realise that taste is all subjective, and so what I like will not necessarily be an experience shared with others. So I thought it was worth defining the direction to which my taste buds sway. 


To be perfectly honest, there are not many foods or flavours that I actively dislike. And that's kind of saying something considering I have eaten cow intestine, locusts and snake in the past. And you may have guessed - I am a 'love' Marmite guy. Those foods that really don't float my boat though include: anchovies, vinegar (including salt and vinegar crisps), artichoke and liquorice (I mean, why would you!?). So the fact that I like most foods out there means that I am pretty open minded to the cheeses that I'm trying. 


Nevertheless, everyone has a biased tongue for certain flavours and textures - which is incidentally why I love cheese! But I think I have to say that I am probably drawn more towards (1) the soft & smooth cheeses like Brie and Camembert; and (2) the stinky, smelly strong cheeses like the Stiltons and the blues. Oh baby! It's the dry cheeses that I don't favour as much, but I will try to be as unbiased as possible in trying to score some of these cheeses. After all, all cheeses suit different moods and compliment different foods that surround them. And the dry cheeses are very good in salads for example. 


So I'll be scoring from 1 to 10, with ten being the supercalifragelisticexpialidocious cheeses and one being those that I think taste like poo (not that I have). This will help me to remember those that I love in order to keep them in my cheese stock, and if anyone else is interested, then they can go out and try some as well! Let's get scoring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment