Wednesday 2 November 2011

Trick or Treat! - Yorkshire Wensleydale & Apricot

I don't usually go for the cheeses that throw in a bit of fruit. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for experimentation with foods - and even in cheese - but there is something sacrilegious about adding fruit to cheese. That said, it was with high Halloowe'en spirits that I decided to try this one. I was going to watch the Shining while eating it but Zo doesn't like horrors!


It wasn't the worst I've ever had, but I just find these cheeses really dry and too sweet (which I don't like associating with cheese). It's the kind that I would put on a party platter if people came round - but just to give people an option. And not on a SERIOUS cheese platter. That's Sunday best stuff.

I'll give this one a 4 out of 10. It was worth a dabble but I don't think I'd buy it again. I'll leave that for Herman Munster. He'll eat anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment